This banana bread recipe is super moist and really quick and easy to make! It has become a breakfast favorite in our home.
What is Banana Bread?
Did you know that banana bread is the most searched bread recipe online? Banana bread is a popular type of sweet bread made with mashed ripe bananas, flour, sugar, eggs, and butter or oil. It is commonly baked in a loaf pan and can be served as a snack or dessert.
Is Banana Bread Healthy?
This banana bread recipe can be considered healthier than some other desserts or sweet snacks, as it contains some nutritious ingredients such as ripe bananas, which are a source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. To make this recipe even healthier you can substitute the sugar for a natural sweetener such as honey!
Can You Freeze This Banana Bread Recipe?
Yes! Banana bread freezes beautifully! You can freeze it as a whole loaf, or you can slice it up and freeze it individually. Before you toss it in the freezer be sure to let it cool completely. Wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to avoid freezer burn. It can store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What You Need To Make Banana Bread
This banana bread recipe only takes a few ingredients that you probably already have in your home.
- Ripe bananas
- Melted butter
- Beaten egg
- Vanilla extract
- baking soda
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
How To Make Banana Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F and lightly grease a loaf pan with butter or oil. Finish with a dusting of flour until coated. This will help your loaf not stick to the pan when baking.
- Peel and mash bananas with a fork or potato masher in a large bowl.
- Mix in melted butter and stir with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Add in sugar, vanilla, and a beaten egg. Stir until mixed.
- Next, mix in baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in flour until there are no more white streaks. Be sure not to overmix.
- Carefully pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick, comes out clean, and then remove from oven.
- Allow the loaf to cool for about 10 minutes before removing it from the loaf pan and transferring it to a cooling rack.