This peach whiskey cocktail was inspired by the peach green tea refresher from Starbucks. I was sitting on the back patio sipping a Trente (yes they make them that big) and decided to add some gin. As I was sipping away, I remembered that I had peach whiskey in the bar and immediately regretted my gin choice (even though it was still amazingly refreshing).
After I finished my Starbucks peach gin contraption, I went inside and pulled out some peach tea from David’s Tea and got to work. It turned out a-m-a-z-i-n-g.
What is Peach Tea?
If you love herbal teas with a hint of sweetness, you will love peach tea. The peach tea in this recipe is different from your typical peach tea. Most peach teas are made from leaves or fruit. This particular blend from Davids Tea is a beautiful blend of apples and peach.
Why Use Tea in a Peach Whiskey Cocktail?
To help cut down on sugar, using a mix of tea and lemonade helps make this summer cocktail a little healthier. I love a refreshing summer cocktail, but not the loads of sugar most summer drinks hold. It also cuts down on the sweetness providing a fresher taste.
- Davids Tea Just Peachy Tea
- Peach Whiskey
- Peach Slices (frozen or fresh)
- Peach Juice
- Regular Whiskey
How to Make a Peach Whiskey Cocktail
- Start by putting your water into either a saucepan or kettle and bring it to a boil.
- Add in the peach tea and let steep for a good 10-15 minutes. The more you steep the more flavourful your drink will be.
- While your tea is steeping, cut some fresh peaches to add to your cocktail.
- Once your tea has cooled (15-20 minutes or so), fill your glasses or pitcher with ice and pour your tea to the halfway mark.
- Add in your lemonade and peach whiskey.
- Stir to mix and garnish with fresh peaches and mint springs.
The Best Whiskey for a Cocktail
- Crown Royal Peach Whiskey
- Citrus Distillers Peach Whiskey
- Jim Beam Peach
Needless to say, I served my new peach tea whiskey the following weekend. The entire bottle of peach whiskey was devoured, I would consider that a hit!
Now I want to share this amazingly delicious peach tea whiskey so you can enjoy it for yourself!
- 1/2 cup Peach Tea
- 6 cups Water
- 2 cups Lemonade
- 5 oz Crown Royal Peach Whiskey
- 3 cups Crushed Ice
- 3 whole Fresh Peaches
- 2 Mint Springs
Start by putting your water into either a saucepan or kettle and bring to a boil.
Add in the peach tea and let steep for a good 10-15 minutes. The more you steep the flavourful your drink will be.
While your tea is steeping, cut some fresh peaches to add into your cocktail.
Once your tea has cooled (15-20 minutes or so), fill your glasses or pitcher with ice and pour your tea to the halfway mark.
Add in your lemonade and peach whiskey.
stir to mix and garnish with fresh peaches and mint springs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 560 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166 kcalTotal Fat: 0.41 ggSaturated Fat: 0.028 ggTrans Fat: 0 ggUnsaturated Fat: 0 ggCholesterol: 0 gmgSodium: 0 gmgCarbohydrates: 25.43 ggNet Carbohydrates: 21.13 ggFiber: 2 ggSugar: 23.13 ggSugar Alcohols: 0 ggProtein: 1.11 gg
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.