These Valentine’s Day cake mix sugar cookies only take a few ingredients and make the best Valentine’s Day treat! They are easily made with Betty Crocker’s French Vanilla Cake Mix.
What are Cake Mix Sugar Cookies?
Cake mix sugar cookies are a cookie made from cake mix. They are soft and chewy and have a delicious cake-like texture. They are made in a variety of flavors, such as vanilla, chocolate, or lemon and they can be decorated with frosting or sprinkles for a fun festive look.
How Easy Are Cake Mix Sugar Cookies to Make?
What if I told you you only needed 4 ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, and a mixing bowl and spoon? You can’t get any simpler than that! The only waiting you need to do is for them to chill and cook!
What You Need to Make Valentine’s Day Cake Mix Sugar Cookies
- Betty Crocker French Vanilla Cake Mix
- Corn starch (optional, helps cookies keep their form)
- Vegetable oil
- Icing sugar (icing)
- Softened butter (buttercream icing)
- Vanilla extract (buttercream icing)
How to Make Valentine’s Day Cake Mix Sugar Cookies
- Mix together all of your ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl until a dough-like consistency is formed.
- Place the dough in the fridge to chill for an hour in the bowl or in a ball covered with plastic wrap.
- Heat your oven to 350 °F. Once the dough has chilled, remove it from the fridge you can roll it out until it is 1/4 inch thick and cut it with cookie cutters. Or simply scoop the dough with a spoon onto a baking sheet. Please note these cookies will spread so keep in mind to use a simple cookie cutter and maintain an inch of space between each cookie.
- Place the cookies in the oven for 7-9 minutes or until the edges turn a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a baking rack before icing (icing is optional)
How to Make a Simple Buttercream Icing
- In a stand mixer, add 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- Slowly mix in 1 1/2 cups of icing sugar, whipping on medium speed until combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix until you can’t see brown streaks anymore.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a touch of milk. If the mixture is too thin, add more icing sugar.